SoylentNews PBC Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of SoylentNews PBC (the "Corporation") has general responsibility for managing the business of the Corporation. The Board derives its powers from the Bylaws of the Corporation, Article III ("Directors"), Section 1 ("Powers"):
"The business of the Corporation shall be managed by or under the direction of a Board of Directors who may exercise all the powers of the Corporation except as otherwise provided by law, by the Certificate of Incorporation, or by these Bylaws."
The Board elects Officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.), and makes other decisions, usually focusing on issues that may have financial or legal consequences for the Corporation, (e.g., opening bank accounts, issuing shares of stock, etc.).
The Board holds meetings, usually on SoylentNews's IRC #staff channel (http://chat.soylentnews.org/). Logs of these meetings are linked below.
All users and members of the public are invited to attend Board Meetings. However, to maintain order, and depending on attendance at any given meeting, not all attendees may be given .voice.
If there is an issue that you would like to be raised at the next Board meeting, please edit the following page to include your issue:
Resolutions adopted by the Board of Directors either at a Board Meeting (Bylaws, Article III, Section 7) or through an Action without a Meeting (Bylaws, Article III, Section 11) are listed below. The definitive versions of these documents are the signed originals, which are kept at the Corporation's offices.
Action without a Meeting - December 3, 2014:
- RESOLVED: Michael Casadevall is hereby removed from the office of Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately.
- RESOLVED: Graham Taylor is hereby elected to the office of Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately, to serve on an interim basis, until his successor is duly elected and qualified.
Action without a Meeting - October 4, 2014:
- RESOLVED: The Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to use the Corporation's funds to pay for future server bills for the site.
- RESOLVED: The Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to post summaries of the Corporation's financial information, including income and expenses, on the site's public wiki.
- RESOLVED: The Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to use up to $300 of the Corporation's funds to purchase a copy of QuickBooks for the Corporation.
- RESOLVED: The Secretary is hereby authorized and directed to register with the U.S. Copyright Office as the DMCA Agent for the Corporation.
Board Meeting Logs
Procedure and "Rules of Order"
Board Meetings Rules of Order - Policies and procedures for conducting board meetings (note: this is a draft)