Wish List and Identified Problems
Phase 1 Repair List
- 'Read More' link and 'n Comments' needs font size definition changed to em from points, as it is unreadable on small devices such as phones. All links in the center column should be checked for this. (I bilieve that the new css will fix this -EP)
- The Comments under articles need to be brought in line with the center column and not spill over to the right column. Otherwise this results in unacceptable whitespace when article summaries are short. (This would leave white space on the side then -EP ... need to discuss further -MB )
- When posting comments: Both the original article must appear at the top and the parent thread must appear also, whereas currently this does not occur. Very disorientating.(Still a problem when first post to an article)
- We need to have a single column view for phones/narrow mobile devices with reduced functionality
- Mobile device viewing
- new logo
- new buttons for expand/collapse comments
- new friend/foe/freak/etc. icons
- Comment submission - The article summary and the entire thread to which the comment replies should be visible when writing a comment.
- Bug #51 - Tricky main page navigation - This appears to be an ambiguity issue. 'Yesterday's News' should not have directional arrows surrounding it.
- Bug #20 - Scroll bars on 800x600 screens - Do we need a low res (single column) version of the site? Which functionality needs to be 'buried' for this? Need to discuss.
- Bug #22 - Navigation --> Past Polls ==> Submit Poll : Goes to same page as Navigation --> Submit Story; In other words, submitted a poll makes it looks like you are submitting a story.
- Bug #40 - Log out needs to be more prominent - Further to this, User session controls need to be TOP RIGHT DIV at ALL TIMES.
- Bug #48 - Ugly Login / New User Account page.
- Bug #?? - Current Pending Submissions / "Submissions List" page only shows ~ 35 characters of each submitted headline.