Difference between revisions of "TodoList"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is to [[|]]
Revision as of 18:50, 11 March 2014
This List is being migrated to separate Staff Pages
- Formulate Plan
- Develop task-list of ongoing duties from each "group"
- Get "true" @SN.org staff emails (not forwards) to all staff that want them
- Migrate mailing list address to new @SN.org addresses
- Outline difference between volunteer VS staff
- Develop process for becoming staff (get @SN.org email, get on mailing list, privileges etc)
- Create firstname.lastname@example.org address and link in Main Soylent pages, IRC, Wiki (workaround is email@example.com)
- Develop system for recruiting/organizing volunteers
- SN Story Submission: Volunteers Needed (after determining which skills we need most i.e. perl, editors)
- Regular status updates with key leaders
- Organize staff, delegate tasks to appropriate people
- Fire people when it isn't working out sooner rather than later (this should go in ongoing duties task-list once created)
- Ensure staff have privileges in all platforms we use
- Implement a keymaster system (where passwords are controlled by multiple parties)
- Single sign on to all services (register once, central administration)
- self-hosted DNS?
Nice To have:
- Implement Fire-hose of some kind
- Make sure the SSL login page points to an SSL page, the cookie needs HTTPS headers set (this should be a bug?)(collected via Suggestions)
- Add markdown support, example: http://dillinger.io/ (this is also in the Suggestions que, could be removed from this list for now as is non-essential IMO mrcoolbp (talk) 22:54, 7 March 2014 (UTC))
- Make it easy for people to submit bugs (bugs@ email? also a suggestion for doing it via slash)
- need to update bug links (now on github) from various places (done?)
- System for keeping old UIDs (may be impossible without changing everyone's UIDs, move to scrap idea THEN remove info in FAQ and Migration of users page mrcoolbp (talk) 22:54, 7 March 2014 (UTC))
- Determine Communication Forum
- Keep mailing list
- redmine (this would require some ruby on rails help devs)
- Use slashcode (would require tweaks but we could test new code while communicating, moderating best ideas etc.)
- Aquire concensus
- Cut the dead weight (i.e. forums)
- Refine Suggestions system
- Develop process to select good items, hold vote, then implement
- Automate *ways to post* suggestions that all end up in same place (suggestions@ email and !suggestions irc are forwarded to an email and are manually added)
- This could all be done with slash
- Clarify our stance on vulgarity in comments (ALL CAPS is preventing posting in some cases (filter) swears seem to work)
- Contact CmdrTaco via twitter?
- IRC log links need updating in various places <-
- New Name contest (final one, we hope)
- Summarize staff meeting(s) (or not?)(move to Editors section?)
- Create and Submit a press release
- Develop editorial process, informed by Poll results
- Publish public editorial guidelines document
- Documentation pages (FAQ, "Authors" page) <- LaminatorX is working on FAQ
- Choose incorporation model
- Carry out necessary tasks to achieve chosen incorporation model status
- Solicit legal advice:
- Requirements for keeping logs of user activity
- How to respond to DMCA takedown requests
- Identify the legal (copyright?) implications of cross-posting (reposting stories posted elsewhere)
- Incorporation Model-dependent items:
- Swag? (sync with art)
- Marketing - Do we do it? how do we do it?
- social media, do we want to pursue it? who? How?
- change "Read More" to button.
- Kill D2
- fix all buttons to have proper case
- bug 48 fix log in screen ul list
- fix bug #68 some links are worn color in comment details trace JS loads to fix JS re-size of certain elements on mobile devices.
- style blockquote and see what is up with quote
- add hyperlink to article story title to story page per bug 106
- style input boxes to have better border contrast per bug 107
- add night mode skin per 112
- make sure site displays “Log In” and “Log Out” per bug 116
- fix journal template to fix broken link title tex per bug 118
- fix preference pages per many bugs
- fix relationships ui as per bug 37
- Nuke Force Forge from orbit
- Migrate anything useful from forums to wiki (in progress).
- Nuke forums from orbit.
- Install Renameuser extension so a rename requested by Stderr dk to "Stderr" can be completed.
- Enable uploads on the wiki so we don't have to rely on external links to Imgur, Photobucket, etc.
- Install SyntaxHighlight GeSHi extension that can syntax highlight any code that gets posted to the wiki in areas such as CssWork.
- Use $wgRCFeeds (and an IRC bot that can post UDP feeds) for the recent changes feed in #wiki instead of Atom.
- Update MediaWiki from 1.22.2 to 1.22.3.
- Allow users to add suggestions anonymously (via IRC !suggestion command)
Style / MrBluze
- Define single column layout requirements - nearly done.
- Work with FrogBlast to get the full icon set done - in progress. <--suggest moving to Open Projects mrcoolbp (talk) 02:52, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Review/upgrade logo/banner art (with FrogBlast) - in progress. <--suggest moving to Open Projects mrcoolbp (talk) 02:52, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Typographic and typesetting guidelines (with LaminatorX) - awaiting feature request, then work with CSS ppl on a specification
- Weekly comic