This is a comphensive index dealing with aspects of system administration and management of our clusters, as well as some of the more archine bits of setup required to make it work.
Who we are
|Sysop Team Main Page|
|The Mighty Buzzard||Emergency Reserve Member||UTC-5 (CST/CDT)|
|martyb/bytram||Catastrophe Reserve Member||UTC-4 (EST/EDT)|
Index of Development Pages and Resources
List of servers on linode: Category:SystemAdministration/Servers
- soylent-www - Primary Apache, mysqld, and varnish servers for main site. Fluorine hosts slashd and ipnd as well.
- soylent-db -- ndb-cluster servers for mysql, hold the rehash database.
- dev -- Development server.
- staff-slash -- Staff server, ssh entry point, staff-only rehash.
- irc -- IRC server and related services.
- backups -- Backup services. (NOT on linode)
- directory services -- Hesoid and Kerberos.
- soylent-services - mail, wiki, other services as needed.
- Access Instructions - how to get on the nodes, get around, and kerberos for users primer
- Group Permissions - understanding our LDAP groups, what machines they can access, and where you can sudo
- LDAP Management for Dummies - how to do basic shit in that source of miserary known as LDAP
- The Rise And Fall Of New Node Management - from bash to fully intergrated node, this doc has it
- The Hitchhikerr's Guide to The li694-22 Domain - machine list, general information
- Kerberos Administration Or Everything You Wanted To Know About Kerberos But Were Afraid To Ask
- DnsRecords - copy of the zone file pasted from the machine that was accidentally turned off
- Emergency Technical Procedures - in case of fire, break glass (Read before messing with servers)
- Backup Information - information on where and what is being backed up.