This is a comphensive index dealing with aspects of system administration and management of our clusters, as well as some of the more archine bits of setup required to make it work.
Who we are
- robinld -- systems
- mechanicjay -- systems
- xlefay -- systems
Index of Development Pages and Resources
- soylent-www - Primary Apache and slash server for main site.
- soylent-db -- mysql server, holds the slash database
- slashcott - Holds the slashcott site, development machine
- soylent-services - mail, wiki, other services as needed
- Need cron job to backup server
- There are errors in the zone file in the spf TXT record -- Mechanicjay would be happy to fix this and clean up the zone file in general, but needs linode manager access from NCommander.
- No init script for Apache.
- Broken https configuration
- Mostly fixed, Slash is the problem child now
DNS is completely run and managed by Linode's DNS Manager service. This was an expedient decision when trying to get off bluehost. We may want to investigate putting the master zone file on helium or boron and having external services handle serving out our dns.
- Access Instructions - how to get on the nodes, get around, and kerberos for users primer
- Group Permissions - understanding our LDAP groups, what machines they can access, and where you can sudo
- LDAP Management for Dummies - how to do basic shit in that source of miserary known as LDAP
- The Rise And Fall Of New Node Management - from bash to fully intergrated node, this doc has it
- The Hitchhikerr's Guide to The li694-22 Domain - machine list, general information