Difference between revisions of "SystemAdministration"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 21:33, 15 March 2014
Who we are
- robinld -- systems
- mechanicjay -- systems
Index of Development Pages and Resources
- soylent-www - Primary Apache and slash server for main site.
- soylent-db -- mysql server, holds the slash database
- slashcott - Holds the slashcott site, development machine
- soylent-services - mail, wiki, other services as needed
- There is debugging code enabled in the init script for varnish that is specifically labeled 'DEBUG CODE DON'T ENABLE IN PRODUCTION' -- Mechanicjay notes that we had intended to turn this off after the first week as it was helping us troubleshoot login problems the first week. Mechanicjay further notes that he no longer seems to have ssh access to soylent-www so has been unable to comment this out of the varnish config.
- There are errors in the zone file in the spf TXT record
- No init script for Apache.
- Broken https configuration
- Nginx running
DNS is completely run and managed by Linode's DNS Manager service. This was an expedient decision when trying to get off bluehost. We may want to investigate putting the master zone file soylent-services with bind and having external services handle serving out our dns.