This list is a compilation of Suggestions from various users. Think of it like a "wish list". These differ from feature requests in that they are projects that may require a significant amount of time to implement. A system should be developed for selecting from one, and having the community vote on which to tackle.
Suggestions can currently be added via email@example.com or by typing "!suggestion [your suggestion here]" in our IRC rooms. You can also just add them below. You might check the TodoList or the OpenProjects before suggesting something to see if it is already being worked on.
- SNR, News Roundup (best stories, comments, best of IRC)
- Article reviews correcting mistakes/expanding (by +5 commenters, "revisited.soylent")
- Add a "settled arguments" section to the wiki (example: the world population is out of control!)
- A location for project updates on main site
- RSS - enable full story (this is also logged as a bug I believe)
- Add markdown support in SoylentNews ex: http://dillinger.io/
- SoylentNews alternate logo S/N (signal/noise) (also SN = Tin atomic symbol)
- Enable Internet Archive auto-crawling (may just need to update robots.txt)
- Allow users to mod stories down.
- Allow community to submit bugs on SoylentNews much like how they submit a story; pre-populate the "story" with prompts for desired info (summary, severity, error message seen, steps to reproduce, etc.)
- Add ability to easily submit journal entries to the stories queue for consideration on publication on SoylentNews