This list is a compilation of Suggestions from various users. Think of it like a "wish list". These differ from feature requests in that they are projects that may require a significant amount of time to implement. A system should be developed for selecting from one, and having the community vote on which to tackle.
Suggestions can currently be added via suggestions at soylentnews dot com or by typing "!suggestion [your suggestion here]" in our IRC rooms. You can also just add them below. You might check the TodoList or the OpenProjects before suggestion something to see if it is already being worked on.
- SNR, News Roundup (best stories, comments, best of IRC)
- Article reviews correcting mistakes/expanding (by +5 commenters, "revisited.soylent")
- Add a "settled arguments" section to the wiki (example: the world population is out of control!)
- New post every couple of days re: updates or another location for project updates
- RSS - enable full story (this is also logged as a bug I believe)
- Add markdown support in SoylentNews ex: http://dillinger.io/
- Soylent alternate logo S/N (signal/noise) (also SN = Tin (atomic symbol)) ART&ST
- Enable Internet Archive auto-crawling (we may need to update robots.txt)
- Allow users to suggest to this list anonymously (via IRC !suggestion)
- Dokuwiki as an alternative wiki platform. It's probably not too far on the MediaWiki to do a manual port over, and Dokuwiki has several features about it that make it valuable. ACL's for different sections of the site, the ability to mandate CAPTCHA for registrations and posts, and such
- Allow users to mod stories down.
- Allow community to submit bugs on SoylentNews much like how they submit a story; prepopulate the "story" with prompts for desired info (summary, severity, error message seen, steps to reproduce, etc.)