Revision as of 03:49, 29 March 2014 by Mrbluze
Golden Ratio of Proportionality
This resource is summarised for our purposes here and pertains to Line length, Line height and Font Size:
- The Golden Ratio is approximately = 1.618
- Line height increases with increasing font size, and increasing line length.
- Landscape view has long line lengths
- Portrait view has short line lengths
- The screen orientation should be sensed to determine optimal line width: use media queries.
- Font style will have implications on perceived line widths, as stunted fonts versus tall fonts produce a different overhead whitespace.
See Line Height versus Line Width at pearsonified.com for a thumbnail guide to font size / line height selection.