SN API ideas
Revision as of 00:19, 24 October 2015 by Exec (Suggestions from IRC)
This page is dedicated to ideas for the SN API being developed by TheMightyBuzzard.
Suggestions from IRC
- actually, an api call that would be awesome would be an op where you supply cid and it spits out the sid ~ crutchy @ 11:17, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- supply cid and get the entire url ~ crutchy @ 11:19, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- redirect to the full url... or a redirect switch ~ crutchy @ 11:20, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- need app based access key authorization ~ TheMightyBuzzard @ 11:32, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- Eh, maybe at some future time. It's less abusable than the web interface already.
- wikimedia api uses normal login system but designates bots with a bot flag, which are permitted to use the api. maybe SN could do something similar ~ crutchy @ 11:46, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds problematic. I don't want to manually review who's a bot and who isn't.
- maybe make the basic api.pl with no parameters go to a doc page on how to use the api ~ crutchy @ 20:53, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- It links there, that's better behavior in an API since browsers aren't the target audience.
- a queue op to get the number of accepted articles waiting to be put out ~ crutchy @ 12:31, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
- Count them yourself using the "pending" story op.
- get hash of any prod code file to check against personal dev copy ~ crutchy @ 12:15, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- Newp. Github already supplies this functionality and there are a few files on prod that do not mirror those on github.
- return username from uid and vice versa ~ crutchy @ 12:01, 27 October 2014 (UTC) DONE
- gotta be at least one easter egg :) ~ crutchy @ 13:00, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
- slashcode api library in php/perl/etc ~ crutchy @ 13:06, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- submission feed to an irc channel, and ability to meta-mod from irc ~ crutchy @ 14:11, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- would be cool to be able to directly query a selection of tables. limit to select queries with a limited permissions account ~ crutchy @ 00:19, 24 October 2015 (UTC)