This is just a proposal, a starting place. It is meant to be amended as needed. IF you wish to amend it, put a comment at the end of this page with your name (and maybe a number) as a proposed amendment, in the form: change OLD TEXT to NEWTEXT. This way we can discuss the 'audioguy amendment 1' etc. and even vote on them if needed.
The problem roughly divides into two parts, which I think of as the 'Social Part' and the 'Technical Part' so these are dealt with separately.
The Social Part
- We need to have peoples permission to email them for the voting. That permission will be obtained in this fashion:
- On Monday,SOMEDATE,UTC a notice on Soylent will go out that on Thursday,SOMEDATE,UTC a copy of the user database will be dumped.
- Anyone who has You/Preferences/Messages/DailyHeadlines set to to 'E-mail' at that time will be considered to have registered to vote and given their permission for us to email them ballots.
- Anyone who does NOT wish to participate should make sure their You/Preferences/Messages/DailyHeadlines is NOT set to E-mail on Thursday,SOMEDATE,UTC. After Thursday,SOMEDATE,UTC the preference can be set back to whatever is desired.
- A normal internal staff poll will be held for the name.
- The results of this poll will not be made public yet.
- The top five names in that poll will be reserved.
- The first stage community poll will go out (asking for submissions of names)
- What goes out as the proposed choice fo this purpurpose will simply be the existing name
- These names are collected, and the first poll is done on this list (which may be quite long)
- The results of that poll will be totaled, and the top five choices determined.
- The submitters of those top five choices will be contacted, and asked to provide a note promising to allow us to use the name.
- If the submitters have not already done so, we will reseve those names.
- The runoff poll will now go out to the community, but this time will include the top five choices of staff, and the top five choices of the community. (all already reserved by this point)
The Technical Part
Proposed Amendments, Changes
(put your proposed changes here)
Final Finished Plan
(To be filled in...)