Issues to Be Raised at the Next Board Meeting
If there is an issue that you would like to be raised at the next Board meeting, please include it in the list below. The list will be cleared following each meeting. If you feel that your issue was not adequately addressed at the meeting, please feel free to add it to the list again, with additional detail as needed, and it will be raised at the following meeting.
Time: Wednesday October 1st at 1:15am UTC (Tuesday September 30th at 9:15pm EDT)
Place: irc.sylnt.us:6667/6697#staff (Webchat)
Chair: To Be Determined
- Issue 1: Officer nominations.
- Issue 2: Follow-up on SoylentNews Policy Document - Updates:
At the September 3, 2014 Board Meeting, there was discussion about site Privacy, Copyright, and DMCA policies.
Suggest these be reviewed and agreed upon prior to applying to our site(s). (SoylentNews.org, dev.Soylentnews.org, etc., IRC, Wiki, TWiki, other?)
- Issue 3: We should buy quickbooks for accounting (and abandon GNU cash as this was always meant to be an interim measure)
- Issue 4: How much copyright content may be legally reproduced in a story summary? Some summaries contain copypasta of copyright material from commercial news sites. Do we need a scripty to scan and flag any summary, comment, journal or wiki article that reproduces more than a certain percentage of linked content? Something like MIN(10%,100 words) seems pretty safe. There could be a whitelist of sites (such as Wikipedia) that could be excluded from scanning. This is possibly not a board-level issue but I'm not sure exactly who/where to direct due to fairly broad scope.
- Issue 5: We need a Service Provider Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claims of Infringement in order to shelter us from legal action in the event of a DMCA notice (see: []