- 1 Who we are
- 2 Current Projects
- 3 Dependencies
- 4 Channels
- 5 Bots
- 6 Sysops
Who we are
|IRC Team Main Page|
|xlefay||Team leader||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Kobach||Chief Bacon Officer||UTC-5 (us/central)|
Chat bot (Python)
- ELIZA module that uses Futurama personalities (to match the bot's current nick)
- Modify bot logging to match existing formats (mIRC preferably)
- Single sign on against the website (coordinate with NCommander)
- Get the web IRC to use the website's sessions to sign in
- Quick-Start/How-to guide for staff members (.op .topic nickserv commands etc.)
- Anyone wanting to join existing bot development projects should contact the developer(s) noted below.
- IRCiv is currently under development and is intended to be a civilization-like building game played on IRC. See crutchy for further details/involvement. Current source code is available @ https://github.com/crutchy-/test/tree/master/scripts
#soylent (general chat, mostly family-friendly)
#staff (anyone welcome to join but only messages from voiced nicks will appear)
#help (irc help)
#test (mainly for bot testing)
Private establishments (unofficial)
There are a few bots lurking in the Soylent IRC channels besides the services mentioned above.
Anyone wishing to develop bots should use #test for testing.
Please avoid flooding in private establishments and official channels (except #test).
lurks in #soylent, ##, etc
<crutchy> weatherbot melbourne australia <SedBot> weather for Melbourne Regional Office, VIC, Australia: 1023.50 mbar, 60.4F/15.8C/288.9K <SedBot> wind mph / 0kph / 0m/s, 0 degrees
lurks in ##, #derp, etc
$sr text # echoes "txet" (reverse of text)
IRC SCRIPT EXECUTIVE
See the exec page for details.
~sed on|off ~weather location ~weather-add code location ~time location
Outputs the wiki's recent changes into #wiki.
Hangs out in #rss-bot outputting feed links.
!decide yes no maybe sometimes "could be" "won't be" "light it on fire"
Outputs the title of a URL, amongst other things.
Outputs game data in the #irpg channel.
IRC services are now server up on carbon.li694.22. The core IRC services as well as several bot live on this server. They are run from the sylnt user account out of /home/sylnt/.
Start and stop scripts are in the ~/bin directory. start.all and stop.all will start and stop each of the services below with the appropriate script in a proper order. start.all is also set in sylnt's crontab to start at reboot. Individual services can be stopped or started with the appropriate script stop.servcie or start.service where .service is replaced with the suffix listed in the table below.
The services each have a cron.service script, also in ~/bin, that monitors that the service is running and restarts it if it does not find it. This is done by monitoring the pid, set at startup, and seeing if the job is still running. cron.all is run at 5 minute intervals from sylnt's crontab as well.
|Charybids 3.4.2||ircd services||~/charybdis||irc.soylentnews.org||6667, 6697(ssl)||.charybdis|
|Atheme Services 7.0.7||a modular IRC Services package||~/atheme-services||internal only||.atheme|
|Atheme Iris||web frontend for IRC||~/atheme-iris||chat.soylentnews.org||80||.iris|
|Bender||jsonbot bot||~/.jsb||internal only||.bender|
|NerdRPG||local Idle RPG||~/nerdrpg||internal only||.nerdrpg|