Difference between revisions of "IRC"
(→Information for Sysops / IRC admins)
|Line 186:||Line 186:|
Revision as of 16:27, 13 September 2014
- 1 Who we are
- 2 Current Projects
- 3 Dependencies
- 4 Channels
- 5 Bots
- 6 Information for Sysops / IRC admins
- 7 Information for IRC Operators
Who we are
|IRC Team Main Page|
|xlefay||Co-team leader||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|paulej72||Co-team leader||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Kobach||Chief Bacon Officer||UTC-5 (us/central)|
Chat bot (Python)
- ELIZA module that uses Futurama personalities (to match the bot's current nick)
- Modify bot logging to match existing formats (mIRC preferably)
- Single sign on against the website (coordinate with NCommander)
- Get the web IRC to use the website's sessions to sign in
- Quick-Start/How-to guide for staff members (.op .topic nickserv commands etc.)
- Anyone wanting to join existing bot development projects should contact the developer(s) noted below.
|#soylent||General chat/lobby, mostly family-friendly||All SoylentNews Staff|
|#staff||Public Staff channel - Everyone's welcome to join, but messages from non-voiced are only send to the ops in the channel||All SoylentNews Staff.|
|#editorial||The home of the SoylentNews editors, here you can volunteer for duty, report typo's & ask for submission tips and the like.||Editors & IRC Staff.|
|#dev||The home of and for developers that help develop our fork of SlashCode.||Development team & IRC staff.|
|#help||This is the IRC help channel, where IRC operators and others provide help and answer any questions related to IRC you may have.||IRC Staff.|
|#sysops||This is the Sysops homefront, where most of the magic happens. We maintain the servers and services.||Sysops & IRC Staff.|
|#wiki||This is the Wiki's channel, nothing much happens here except for a bot reporting our every edit on the wiki!||IRC Staff.|
|#irpg||This is our "nerdRPG"'s (our fork of idleRPG) channel, feel free to idle along!||IRC Staff.|
|#test||Main testing chambers, feel free to test anything in here (just be friendly & be considerative)||IRC Staff.|
Private establishments (unofficial)
|##||This is a channel which isn't family safe. It's mostly about bacon and stuff'||team-bacon (kobach, xlefay)|
|#||the batcave; bot testing/borking, random chaos, exec's home||crutchy, xlefay|
|#derp||aqu4bot's origin and the portal to Universe 2. Bring own peanut butter.||Subsentient|
|#sublight||Sublight's bot home ground||xlefay|
There are a few bots lurking in the Soylent IRC channels besides the services mentioned above.
Anyone wishing to develop bots should use #test for testing.
Please avoid flooding in private establishments and official channels (except #test).
|ciri||#||arti||!decide yes no maybe sometimes "could be" "won't be" "light it on fire"|
||Use the !rss command to see a list of all configured feeds, then use the ! commands from the list to request a particular feed's history. Or just idle in the #rss-bot channel to see all feed outputs as they are picked up.|
Bot projects / task ideas
- IRCiv is currently under development for the exec bot and is intended to be a civilization-like building game played on IRC.
- a Soylent PBC board meeting assistant script is currently under development for the exec bot, intended for minute taking and publishing on the wiki. See IRC:exec#Meeting_assistant for more details.
- an IRC voting system. refer to IRC:exec#Proposed_IRC_voting_system for details.