Difference between revisions of "Help:Tracking changes"
(Marked this version for translation)
m (1 revision: Importing MediaWiki's PD Help pages from mediawiki.org.)
Latest revision as of 21:16, 8 February 2014
MediaWiki offers a collection of special pages and tools to keep track of what is going on in the wiki. So you can watch for example:</translate> <translate>
- recent changes to all pages
- the revision history: all changes made to one page
- the contributions of one specific user
- newly created pages</translate>
<translate> The most interesting special page is Special:RecentChanges. This page displays all edits, file uploads, page moves, deletions and other actions done in the wiki. The menu at the top offers a collection of links to customize your display: limit the number of changes or the number of days shown or restrict the display to show edits to a certain namespace only. You can also hide edits marked as minor (but don't forget that a change can be major even though the user flagged it as minor).
One line in the Recent Changes page consists of several links:
- “diff” displays the difference from the previous revision of the page
- “hist” links to the revision history of the page
- the full title of the page links to the current version. If the page is on your watchlist, the title appears in bold.
Next is a flag describing the page modification type:
- “N” denotes a new page
- “m” denotes a minor edit
- “b” denotes an edit made by a bot
Following the timestamp, the page size difference from the previous revision appears. Then the user is mentioned, with a link to either their user page and their talk page and contributions or (in the case of anonymous users) to their talk page only.
File:Arr r.png 15:17 Main Page (4 changes | hist) .. (+236) .. [Some User (2×); Some Other User (2×)]
<translate> To expand the record of that page's recent edits, click the blue arrow to the left of the timestamp and page name. The record of edits will be displayed as it appears in the normal view. You can turn this enhancement on and off at will, so feel free to try both to see which one you prefer. </translate> <translate>=== See also === </translate>
- Related changes: Special:RecentChangesLinked/Pagename
- User contributions: Special:Contributions/User
- English Wikipedia Help: Page History