Communication is essential to this project. Developing and implementing unique, modern methods will dramatically further our goals. Below are some ideas on this topic. Feel free to comment on the [discussion page].
- story submissions on main site inviting discussion on an issue
- Consider.it is a powerful system for discussion on specific issues examaming pros and cons (try a Demo) (drag and drop "pros" and "cons" into your "opinion")
- proprietary email voting system: Audioguy's Notes on his system
- archived ideas: Communication:Voting
- Mailing list (currently in use)
- Use slashcode
- owncloud is a self-hosted cloud system with GDocs-style collaborrative editing
- Trac or redmine (a Trac fork using Ruby on Rails)
- twiki or foswiki (fork of twiki) - WikiMedia is already powerful, why switch?