Revision as of 17:56, 17 September 2014 by Mrcoolbp (changing link to reflect new "archived page")
This page contains links to archived discussions that lead up to the launch of this project. There is still some useful information but much of this content is outdated/obsolete.
- NewName -- discussion that occurred before launch regarding the "temporary" name
- Finances/Archive -- which model would allow to minimise and/or distribute hosting costs
- Business -- (note: this page was deleted, moved to Finances
- Moderation -- how/if to enhance; was it so bad it was the primary reason for the diaspora?
- FeatureList -- discussion of required/desired characteristics
- Content -- Brainstorming about the startup
- Migration of users from Slashdot -- how to handle Nicks and UIDs
- Spreading the word
- To do
- Stories from former Slashdot users
- What should the IRC network be like?
- How do we want a URL shortener to be used?
- The Slashcott
"Updates" and Mailing list
These are communications surrounding the initial launch: